CCOUC’s mission is to serve as a platform for research, education and community knowledge transfer in the areas of disaster and medical humanitarian crisis policy development, planning and response.
To achieve this mission, CCOUC
- Focuses our unique multidisciplinary public health research team on gathering and evaluating evidence to synthesise concrete knowledge and practical guidelines based on that evidence for disaster preparedness, relief, and response in Greater China and the Asia-Pacific Region;
- Provides training for both academic and frontline disaster-relief practitioners;
- Establishes academic internship and fellowship programmes to support and enhance technical and research capacity in Greater China and the Asia-Pacific Region;
- Delivers technical seminars to enhance understanding and knowledge transfer of disaster and medical humanitarian response experiences; and
- Publishes materials for teaching, research and historical reference.