Download the "Global Health 1001" MobileAPP for iPhone/iPad!
To study on-the-go, you may download the "Global Health 1001" mobile application, developed by CCOUC, from the Apple App Store. Study the TOP-1000 global health terminologies on-the-go! Flip through flashcards and rate your level of understanding to track progress. Over 800 terms and phrases organized by topics and delivered through bite-size lessons, so you can take small steps to accomplish greater goals.
Members of the APP Development Team:
Professor Emily Ying Yang CHAN, Ms. Christy CHAN, Ms. Hale HO, Ms. Amber LUO, Dr. Levina Chandra KHOE, Dr. Greta TAM, and Ms. Janice YUE.
- Crisp and clean interface design
- Over 800 global health terminologies from credible sources
- “Study-mode” and “List-mode” available for studying and browsing
- Support rating of each flashcard by level of understanding
- Support sorting of cards by name, last-updated and understanding
- Allow “shuffling” and “skipping” of cards
- Support bookmark of useful cards for revision under “My Cards”
- Offers full citation of all content for easy referencing
- Progress bar to show study progress at each lesson
- “My Progress” page to show a study progress summary of all lessons
- Allow reset of “Progress” statistics for individual topics
- Auto save progress in “Study-mode”
- Basic global health terminologies and phrases
- Environmental hazards and global climate change
- Epidemiology concepts and methodologies
- Millennium Development Goals and health indicators
- Communicable/Non-communicable diseases and treatment
- Acronyms of UN organizations, key stakeholders and iNGOs
- Disaster concepts and humanitarian principles
- Health of special populations: Elderly, child, maternal, disabled etc.