ANSO International Symposium – Lessons from and Insights on COVID-19
Professor Emily Chan, a steering committee member of ANSO-DRR, and Mr C S Wong of CCOUC team attended the ANSO International Symposium – Lessons from and Insights on COVID-19 on 28 September 2020. This online symposium was jointly organised by Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) and Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IPS CAS). More than 2,000 participants from 5 continents attended the symposium.
International expert speakers in the symposium include:
- George F. Gao, Director of Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, China
- Marion Koopmans, Coordinator of VEO, Co-coordinator of COMPARE, Erasmus Universitair Medisch Centrum, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Zihe Rao, Director of Laboratory for Structural Biology, School of Medicine, Tsinghua University, China
- Jean Claude Manuguerra, Head of the Expertise and Research Unit “Environment and Infectious Risks”, Institut Pasteur, France
- Amadou Sall, Director General, Institut Pasteur of Dakar, Senegal
- Zhong Huang, Head of Vaccinology and Antiviral Strategies, Institut Pasteur of Shanghai, CAS, China
- Carlos Morel, General Coordinator of the Center for Technological Development in Health, Fiocruz, Brazil
- Adolfo García Sastre, Director of Global Health and Emerging Pathogens Institute, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, United States
Experts have presented the latest understanding regarding the virus, its transmission, vaccine, treatment, as well as COVID-19 situations in Africa and Brazil. The importance of public health preparedness and one health are among the key lessons from COVID-19.